Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Last Night and Shopping Trip





We had a pretty good night #2. Ava Bei Bei woke up twice crying, but a held her for a few minutes and put her back in her crib and she went back to sleep right away--woo hoo! We have been enjoying the HUGE breakfast buffet here at the White Swan, but can't seem to be on time to meet our friends! I have forgotten how long it takes to get myself and a baby ready. Emma is a big help also and can do most things for herself, so that is nice. Emma is adjusting well to having a little one around. It is still frustrating for her to have to share our attention, but as usual, she is amazing and has more patience that Scott or I will ever have. I hope Ava can see how wonderful her big sister is and want to be just like her.


Okay, we went to the French version of a Wal-Mart in Guangzhou China, need I say more? The place is called Carre For. Anne have you heard of this? It was 2 story and packed with people. This was a light crowd too! Ava took her first ride in a shopping cart and seemed to like it. We got some baby supplies and a few impulse items. We have to go get Ava's photo taken this afternoon for her passport. Right now she is taking a little nap, which she did NOT want to do. She just doesn't want to miss anything--she is very social! She finally fell asleep after crying for about 10-15 minutes. This seemed like 8 hours to me, but I know she will be okay and appreciate her sleep!


Thanks again for all the comments. We love hearing from everyone and I appreciate you forwarding them to me Anne. We love you all and thanks for everything. I will post more later. Here are a few more photos. Sorry if I repeat them, I can't view the blog and I can't remember everything I posted!

5 comments:

The Callender Family said...

I am glad to see that all is going well and that Emma is enjoying being a big sister at last.
I haven't heard about the 'Carre For', it does not even mean anything except that 'carre' is 'square'...
I love the picture of Ava resting on your shoulder Gene!
Thanks again for sharing your journey with us!

Bisous,

PS: So far no duplicates in the pictures, everything looks good.

Anonymous said...

Dear cousins,

I'm following your blog with great interest. It's wonderful! So glad you have little Ava in hand and things are going well. Isn't China a fascinating place? So glad you're able to experience it and with such a precious little addition to your family. Pix are great!

Best to you all. Safe and happy travels.
Love, Terry

The Callender Family said...

Gene, I do know what Carrefour is! I saw the picture of a shopping cart on one of the families' blog. It was just spelled differently than what you wrote. It is actually our grocery store (like Walmart I guess but more upscale) in Belgium!!! The shopping cart and the logo are exactly the same... I did not know they had store like that in China...

The Thatchers said...

I cried joyful tears when I saw you guys with Ava. I'm so happy for you. I shared the one with Emma lying next to Ava with everyone at work, and they all thought it was the sweetest thing ever. So happy things are going well.

Steve is jealous that we will likely never get a cache in China.

L,
Aunt Angie

wendy brooks said...

Wow, Ava is ADORABLE, and it sounds like you got a dream baby! My QuJiang sweetheart is now 3, and we still have sleep issues! Ava looks like an angel, and it sounds like she acts like one, too. Enjoy your new addition. Wendy in Fredericksburg