Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Good Night's Sleep!!!






Hi everyone. Ava slept all night last night and she is feeling much better today. We dropped Emma off at school and then I took Ava with me over to the gym to meet all my buddies from Spin Class and meet Miss Cesie in the daycare. She was quite the social butterfly with my friends and really took to Miss Cesie in the daycare. She didn't body slam any of the kids or hit them with any toys, so maybe she will not get kicked out and I get my workout in everyday! I stayed with her in the daycare for about 20 minutes and then we went to the shoe store to get her some good shoes for walking. We bought several pairs of shoes in China, but she needs some good arch supports and soles for walking right now. We bought 2 pairs of Striderites and I kept her awake on the ride home with cheerios and toys. She ate a good lunch, we read a couple of books, and then I put her in the crib for a nap. She protested at first, but after about 15 minutes, she fell over and went to sleep. I felt like someone had given me a million dollars when that happened! She has been screaming when we put her down, but today it was only a little whining and head bobbing--hopefully we can keep this up for her daily routine. Consistency has always been the key with Emma and we hope to do the same with Ava.


Scott just got home after his final outprocessing appointment at the base. He is now on leave until Monday, so we can spend a few more days of quality time together as a family before he leaves for good. I am so happy that he is returning to his passion of flying. We will miss him while he's gone to training, but we know he is in his element and is happy! When daddy's happy, we are all happy!


We got more gifts today from our wonderful friends and from someone that Scott worked with on some trips out to California. Again, we are overwhelmed by your support and generosity. I promised some photos, so here they are. There are a few of Emma and Ava at ballet and some of the girls with our friends Sophie and Natalie. Love to you all!

3 comments:

Paige said...

Hi Sweeties!
OH MY GOSH....I am missing all of you SO MUCH! It is making me so happy to hear that Ava is finally feeling better and sleeping when she needs to...Emma continues to blow my mind with her excellent attitude and willingness to help and be The Big Sister...a role she was meant to have! Ava is going to continue to blossom. China seems like a dream as your mom and me find ourselves back in the daily routine of school, school, school. Our suitcases are still in the middle of the floor! Thank you again for letting us make the Journey to Ava with you. We can't wait to see you again. Enjoy these last few days with Scott...I know you will miss him, but like you said, he will be back in his element, and very happy indeed! Please know that I love you all very much, and am so proud to call you my family!
xoxoxo Paige
P.S. Please tell Emma she looks SO ADORABLE in her "earrings!!" That's my girl!!!! xo

Rachel said...

Hi Gene,
I'm so glad that Ava is feeling better - I know how stressful it can be with a sick kid, let alone a sick kid who can't communicate with you!

I hope you enjoy your last weekend with Scott for a while - I can empathize a little b/c Jeff leaves Sunday for Germany, but that's only for a week!

I hope all continues to improve. Let's catch up soon!

Rachel

The Brown Family said...

Our girls were thrilled to be included in your blog, they think they are famous now! What an adorable photo of all four girls together! It is such a joy to meet the fourth Thatcher at last, what a cutie!!!!!