Thursday, April 24, 2008

This Week's Happenings







Well, since Scott left I have not had time to post! This being a single mom of 2 princesses, one being a very inquisitive toddler, is taking 200% of my time. Sorry it has taken me so long for a post! Things are going well in my opinion. Ava is getting the hang of things now that we are on a schedule of sorts. She enjoys going to take Emma to school every morning and getting all of the attention from the kids and teachers. We haven't been able to go to the gym because I am still fighting this crud and breathing, even without a spin class is hard :(. I am soooooo ready for my workouts--next week it has got to happen, right?


Ava really scared me last night because she came running in the kitchen appearing to be choking or gagging on something. Of course, I flip her over my knee and bang her on the back and she eventually threw up, several times. The scary thing was the fact that she became very lethargic and would not open her eyes or respond to me throughout this 5 minute episode. I had the phone in my hand to call 911, but then she started to come around and seemed fine the rest of the night. She has been her normal, happy, I don't want to take a nap, self today. She has a doctor's appointment in the morning for her physical, so I plan on having a long talk with the pediatrician. My first freaky thoughts are that she might have had a seizure??? I just don't know. Maybe she was choked on her own spit or mucus??? I am praying that it's nothing serious. She has been eating, pooping, playing, and breathing fine for a couple of weeks. She did throw up for a few days after we got back from China and the doctor said it was just a virus. She didn't have the same non-responsive reaction during those days like she did last night. I am nervous, but thinking positive thoughts for little Ava.


I took her to the commissary to buy groceries for the first time today. She LOVED riding in the shopping carts with the truck on the front. She drove that thing around for 40 minutes and didn't run into any retirees! She was such a good girl.


BIG NEWS, Emma lost her first tooth and the tooth fairy came last night!!! Luckily, we left a note for the tooth fairy to please leave Emma's tooth because she wants to keep it. Her friend Ella did the same thing and the tooth fairy didn't have a problem with that. Emma said we needed to do the same thing. She also left a picture of Ava and her together for the tooth fairy to add to her collection--we are sure she has a collection of photos from all of her clients. Emma also informed me that Scott never paid her the $100 he owed her for eating a soy bean. Yep, she ate a soy bean last weekend and Dad said "if you eat it I will give you $100". Emma ate it, but never collected. She has not forgotten Daddy!!!


Her are some photos from the week. Enjoy, it might be a few days before I post again!

3 comments:

The Callender Family said...

Hi Gene
I am so sorry to hear about last night. Hopefully, Rothfeld can reassure you today! Let us know how it goes.
I LOVE the picture in the highchair and the 2 sisters seem to get along well which is great. Emilie used to push Claire in the baby stroller too...
Got to run. Bisous to all!

Paige said...

CONGRATULATIONS to Emma on losing her first tooth! I'm so glad to hear that the Tooth Fairy let her keep it. That's just great!
LOVED the pic of Wild Girl in her highchair, and Emma just looks so pretty, as usual.
Yes! This will be the week you return to your spin classes, I can just feel it in my bones! Or at least I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Hope you are feeling better. We are counting down the days!
xo Paige

Reena said...

Hi Gene,

The girls look great!

Big Congrats to Emma on her first tooth and negotiating with the tooth fairy! What a savy young lady she is!

Good luck with the Spin class. I haven't been able to make it back to the gym yet.

Josie gets hysterical if I leave for too long. I've been able to put her in the jogging stroller though-- it's definitely a work out!

Reena